Sunday 18 January 2009

DjGoGo Dreadlow Interview :p

Ello all, I know my last interview was quite some time ago and it was with Boo if u remember all, hehe. I have been working on another one and can finaly get it posted. This time I chose DjGoGo Dreadlow, I'm sure many of u know him already, and know he is amongst other things a graet guy and DJ. Ever since I started coming to the Koola at that time just to listen to the DJ's and spend time with friends, always tried to make sure to come listen to GoGo, always enjoyed the tunes, and vianW Zerbino, his wife and manager,w as always really nice even when she barely knew me. Two great people I'm frotunate I got to meet in SL. So now not to keep just talking about them let me post the interview :) .......................................
Also I would like to add a U-Tube video taken by Muzeek Okey of GoGo last tuesday when he was spinning, please don't forget to watch it :p-Gogo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLRlHJ8Lpmo


Trin: DJGoGo how do u chose the tunes to spin each time u start?
DjGoGo: I must say I don’t believe in pre-arranged play list’s and I think that the soul of a Dj reveals itself when he improvises. By these words you can see that I don’t choose tunes before I start, I just go along with the crowd ad things just keep flowing.
Trin: How long have u been a DJ now?
DjGoGo: In SL I am DJ for a year...but in RL I am since 1993...And I had regular residences untill 2005 at RL clubs.Now days because of my work and personal life,I only play 2 or 3 times monthly.
Trin: Can u tell us about one party u know u will never forget?
DjGogo: This is a difficult answer to me. I have lots of party’s I will never forget… I will choose one from the first times I played RL and other from SL. In real life, about 1994 I was starting as a Dj. That days the rave movement was really strong. Some promoters invited me to dj in an underground party. This party took place at an old castle from the XV century. It was a magical moment for me. The ambiance, the mixture of modern culture with an extremely old place. For the first time I played for a really large crowd, the adrenaline was rushing my veins. (smile)In SL I will have to choose the one and only Holly Dancers party. Lots of fun and lots of good friends. By the way, if you read this Giggy, Lexx, Sonny, Vianw, Electra, Bergie and Despina(sorry if I forgetting anyone) I miss those days!!!!
Trin: Who inspires u?
DjGoGo: I will have to say an extended list of names. Roger Sanchez, Copyright, Dennis Ferrer, David Penn, Dj Vibe, Pete tha Zouk, USL (Underground Sound of Lisbon), Kaos Records, Defected, ATFC, DJD, Martin Solveig, Yves Larock, Baggi Begovic, Sergio Flores and much much more names (Smile)
Trin: What 3 tunes would u take with u to a dessert island?
DjGoGo: Fish Go Deep with Tracey k – The cure and the cause
Solu Music – Fade
Sebastien Leger - Jaguar
Trin: What is the 1 CD most unlikely in ur collection?
DjGoGo: Any CD from Tiesto ( its just not my style )
Trin: What equipment u use to spin?
DjGogo: Denon 3500 and Pioneer 800 professional players. Pioneer DJM300 mixer.
Trin: How did u find out about SL?
DjGoGo: Well I found about SL after a talk I had with a close friend...We had a subject for this Virtual World and I was kinda curious to see why all this noise about SL...And so I tryed...and as we all know there is no way back ( smile )
Trin: What do u do when ur not mixing in some club in SL?*hopes he won't say vian*
DjGoGo: Out of mixing I like to hear some good DJs in SL,chat with friends and also explore new sims..with vian ofcourse like you said hihihi
Trin: Tell us one crazy thing u did since u started SL?
DjGoGo: Mmm ...I think that the most crazyest thing I've done from the start is that I pushed the instal bottom... ( No Comments,smile )
Trin: Who is ur favorite comic book hero?
DjGoGo: Superman....dont wonder why (smile)
Trin: Most used gesture?
DjGogo: (¸.·´ (¸.·`♥*♡*♕* DJ GoGo live in the Mix *♕* ...¸.·*¨)
Well I hope all this helped to get to know DjGoGo a bit better, I sure enjoyed getting t his interview together, trying to find the questions that will make him think at least a little bit, hehe. And I have started to work on my next one already. But will not tell u guys yet who the next one on my list is. Will be one surprise. Enjoy reading it and sorry GoGo for the pink headphones, but thought vian might like them :p. xoxo










































No comments: