Thursday 26 February 2009

Koola Klash Continued.....

I know I mentioned the Koola Klash before this is the third session. I'm not sure who all been following the Klash ever week, I have been catching all (sticks tongue out). And what amazing DJ's. But why am I telling u, hehe. You should have been there to see it all, haha. Well ok I'm just teasing, you know I will tell you my thoughts, wether u want to or not (sticks tongue out), lol. This makes Mondays something to look forward too, and hope you enjoy this as much as we do. Boo Rang and HeftyHoney Mighty did a great job putting all this together, booking the DJ's that applied for it, and most of them are really awesome, expecialy the ones I heard so far. It will be a tough decision to make by all the judges I'm sure. there is a total of 6 judges to decide all this. Muzeek Okey records the sets each week for the judges that can't make it to the sets, well sometimes it's hard between RL and SL work to make it too all, so this makes it easier for them to listen to the sets even if not @Koola. So let me begin (sticks tongue out)...........

The first Klash DJ today was DJ Syntax Scribe, great DJ, and lots of people there to listen to him. It's really surprising to see how many fans of the DJ come to support their favorite DJ for a Battle, hehe. But I guess we do that all the time support the ones we love, cuz we want them to get more for being good, and seeing they get what they deserve. So really great set by Syntax, first time I got to listen to this DJ, and it was great. To me it's really fun to listen to all these new DJ's and actually hearing and seeing some I never heard before. At times it's tough to go anywhere else, to check out new DJ's or catch a set of the ones I like unless they come to Koola (sticks tongue out). Thank god we got some of the best on SL, hehe.

Second DJ was DJ gerd Barthelmess, also showed a lot of skill, in mixing and tune selection. Also had a lot of fans there, and had the crowd going like no other, was likea rock concert, lol. Really great set, I enjoyed it a lot and had my bum shaking the whole hour. And had the rest of the women on the dancefloor screaming, hehe. Each DJ gets one hour to impess the crowd and judges, not a whole lot of time really, but these DJ's all make it happen, with the little time they get. It's kind of fun to watch, just to see what they came up with to get this effect.

Third DJ for the Klash (sticks tongue out) DJ Xavi Bandler, also the first time for me to listen to this DJ. And also geat mixing and tune selection. I think that matters a lot, the tunes they select for the set, and making sure the fans like what they hear. I'm sure at times it's hard to please the crowd with the tunes, and not go to comercial. From most DJ's I talk to they hate doing to much comercial, because it's not as much style, as it is spinning it for the crowd. Well at least most DJ's tell me that, they all got their own styles, and it must be tough to please all, hehe. But it always shows when a DJ is having fun with what he spins and he likes what he puts on for us.

Fourth DJ for the Klash was DJ oldschool Spittler, he has been spinning @Koola a few times now, also has a regular spot on thursdays right now. Really great each time I hear him. And I do get to listen to him often, hehe. Always great set, and tune selection.
Well here we are for this week of the Koola Klash, another four DJ's, some great sets, with lots of skill shown. Hope you did not miss it. It's really a lot of fun just to get to listen to all them DJ's and seeing how people react to all, catching the tunes, and enjoying some company. Wishing the best of luck to all the DJ's in the competition (I know I say that each week....sticks tongue out). Talk to u all laterz, xox.



No comments: